Wednesday, December 27, 2006

the 34 cookies of Christmas: day 7

Day seven's cookie is one that features a flavor that we grew up with-- maple. I can remember my mother and grandfather telling stories about pouring hot maple sap over snow in the wintertime, watching it solidify into a maple flavored caramel-like candy, and then eating it. We ate maple syrup, maple cream, maple candy growing up... and it only made sense to make a maple cookie at Christmastime. These delicate log shaped cookies are topped with a maple sugar glaze and dusted with toasted and chopped pecans. They are sweet and crunchy, subtle and nutty, and always a crowd pleaser! Each bite brings with it a memory of simpler times-- happy, wintry times surrounded by family. For us, they conjure up winter scenes, like those printed by Currier and Ives. We hope they evoke happy memories for you as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money now

Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money now